Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Playing Tour Guide In Paris

So I went to Paris on Sunday to meet up with an EF tour that included one of my best friends from the states, Walter, and the three girls from Eagle Pass he had been accompanying around Europe the past two weeks. I managed to get a room in their hotel and then spent all of Monday showing them around Paris. In one exhausting day we hit many of the major attractions: Notre Dame, The Louvre, The Cimetière du Père Lachaise, The Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Élysées, and the Eiffel Tower. All that in the simmering sun of a European heat wave.




Highlights:

Lowlights:

  • Saw an attempted mugging in the Metro stop at Place de Clichy.
  • The heat.
  • The 100 drunk ravers who got on my first train at 8:00 am Sunday morning after they'd partied themselves into a state of frenzy the previous night. Luckily they didn't go all the way to Paris.
  • The heat.
  • The over-zealous pimps in the red light district in Pigalle. They'd actually grab and try to push Walter and I into the strip clubs. Very erotic.
  • Being charged 24 euros at check-out for the breakfasts I thought were complimentary.

Overall, though, a fun trip. I think I make a hell of a tour guide. That and I'm cheap.

Related links:

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger christine said...

Walter! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home