Thursday, June 15, 2006

World Cup Tickets

Much like the rest of the world, I've been watching the World Cup slowly unfold this week. Each night I've come home from work to eagerly watch whichever nations were going at it at one of the stadiums around Germany. It's been great.

Up until tonight I had one ticket to see one game: Spain vs. Saudi Arabia in Kaiserslautern on the 23rd with I bought online a few months ago. Wasn't my first choice (I support England, for the record), but still I was happy to land that ticket and get in to see even just one of the games.

But I'd also put myself into the conditional ticket lottery to see if I could get a last minute seat at another game. I figured I might as well give it a shot, even though tickets are pretty hard to come by. Since I put in my application, I've been waiting a number of weeks to see if my name would get chosen, and happily tonight it has.

Just got an email letting me know Ihave a ticket to see the USA vs. Italy this Saturday night in Kaiserslautern. The ironic thing is I was just in Kaiserslautern a couple of nights ago trying to get a last minute ticket down by the stadium. Luckily I didn't get a chance to buy one.

So sure the USA will probably get slaughtered by Italy, but it'll still be great to be there in the stands cheering them on and just being at a World Cup game.

Now I just have to decide if I want to buy a USA jersey or... an England one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home