Friday, January 06, 2006

An Engagement



I don't know what you got for Christmas, but I got engaged.

Marcela and I have decided to get married sometime much later this year -- probably between Christmas and the new year. Exact time and place are up in the air. Suggestions are welcome.

And for the record, yes, I did plan-out a really cute / semi-elaborate proposal, and yes, that plan went all to hell. It's a funny story, and if you get us a nice wedding gift, you'll get to hear it. I might even tell it to you anyway because it makes me look like an awfully sweet guy and Marcela shows that she's very understanding even when the knight in shining armor can't get his act straight.

Oh, and the picture above was taken maybe five minutes after she agreed that spending her life with me wouldn't be such a bad thing. You can probably make out a bit of relief on my face.


12 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger doctorvee said...

Congratulations!

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Mauldin! You might be surprised to hear from me. I do check your website ever so often while I am at work because I still get a kick out of how opinionated you get over certain topics. I work at a middle school in Austin, Texas as a bilingual clerk/ mentor for some very disturbed kids on the east side of Austin. I am also a sophomore at the University of Texas in Austin (aka The National Champions) Did you see the game? I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major and after graduate school I plan on working on a military base overseas (just like you! MY HERO! Only playing. . . ) Well I just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement and hopefully I will talk to you soon.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for the both of you, I wish you two all the best and nothing but happiness.

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Alex and Marcela! What a wonderful way to start the year. I'm so happy for you.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Well, I was WONDERING what happened to you and imagining all sorts of horrible things, and it turns out you've been dancing on Cloud Nine. Congratulations to both of you!!! So will Marcela be moving to Germany, or will you be returning to the States? Enquiring minds want to know!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger alex said...

Thanks for the congratulations both through here and emails. Much appreciated.

To answer Bonnie: We'll be living in Germany, unless I get moved elsewhere. We both love Miesau, so why leave?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger me said...

Congratulations!!!! Yay! Wish you both the best!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, mauldin. what a nice way to celebrate, i'll say.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You the man! I hope I get an invite. I owe you a big gift for all those tennis matches I beat up on you. Congrats to both of you

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...the msesage is mostly for Marci ....sorry Mr. Mauldin...lol
Pinche Marci..you got my e-mail and stuff..and you didn't tell me. Cabrona...lol. And you called my mom Tia...lol ..so that make me your cousin. Anyway, Congratulation! ...to both of you. I better get at least an invitation!

Lily

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and apparently I still don't know how to spell...lmao

Lily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home