Monday, December 05, 2005

You Can't Bank On It

Ok, I know I've been letting this site down lately, but other things in life have taken up whatever time I had to devote to this. I'm going to try and get back into the blogging swing of things, but bear with me. My free time isn't nearly as much as it used to be.

That said, something that is taking up precious moments of my life lately is the inordinate amount of bogus emails I get everyday. None worse than the fake Paypal and Bank of America emails asking me to verify my account info. Luckily a closer look at those emails show typos and poor graphics that give them away as something not likely sent by any real business.

As much as I'm ticked off at the scum who send me those emails, I'm just as ticked off at Paypal, and especially my bank, Bank of America, for not alerting their customers to these new emails. How long would it take to send out a warning about this through email or the post? Not long at all, but in the meantime, some of their less savvy clients are no doubt falling victim to the scammers. Bad, bad Paypal and Bank of America. While I don't expect the ruler of Nigeria to help me with some guidance through the crapload of emails I get from his people, I wouldn't mind B of A letting me know that they know about the scam and are on it.

And oh, I don't have their permisson to use that logo at the top of this article, but since they don't seem to be too troubled by the scamming emails, I'm sure my little site isn't going to get their panties in a twist, either.

Related links:

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I've been wondering where you were! I haven't been very bloggy lately either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home